Using LTE to stream live content has been gaining momentum across the mobile ecosystem. Streaming video at above-HD quality requires robust connectivity which is often beyond what a single LTE connection is capable of. Peplink’s SpeedFusion and WAN Smoothing features ensure that LTE broadcasting works anytime, anywhere.
What Are Your Challenges in Broadcasting Connectivity
Ensuring Great Streaming Performance
While mobile offers more mobility and lower cost compared to satellite broadcast, mobile networks are inherently unstable. Network speed fluctuates wildly according to utilization, which creates undesirable stuttering. A single LTE connection is therefore hardly enough to ensure smooth broadcasting.
Broadcasting from outdoor locations often incur substantial cost with satellite or specially ordered fixed line internet which could take weeks to set up. These communication equipment also require specialized teams to look after, adding even more cost.
The Big Picture
- Deployed at the main studio with 2x DSL
- SpeedFusion tunnel with concert stage with priority to Audio over other internet traffic
- Deployed as the main router at the concert stageMAX HD4
- Supports 4x LTE for stable and high-speed connectivity
- SpeedFusion tunnel with main studio with priority to Audio over other internet traffic
- Dedicated VoIP to FusionHub datacenter for direct dial-in
- Deployed as backup to MBX at the concert stage
- Backup mobile 2x multi-LTE WAN
- Deployed on the Storm Tracker vehicle
- Track storms live with video streaming back to studio over 4x LTE
- Easily installed into production truck, production van, and weather vehicle
- Deployed at the broadcast studio
- Uploads live stream to decoder into the Internet, which is then available to reporters and journalists
- Carried in the cameraman’s backpack
- Ultra compact size with low power consumption
- Combines dual high speed cellular connections
FusionHub Virtual Appliance
Extend SpeedFusion to Your Cloud
FusionHub is the virtual SpeedFusion appliance from Peplink. With FusionHub, you can establish SpeedFusion connections between cloud servers and physical Peplink devices.