Your privacy is always our priority.
Last updated: October 24th, 2022
At Peplink, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, including data from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained.
Collection of Your Personal Data
We strive to collect only the personal data we need. This means, for most of the time, you can visit our websites or use our apps without telling us who you are and without giving any personal information about yourself.
Depending on how you interact with us, however, there are times you may be asked to give us consent and provide us with your personal data. For example:
|Action||Data we will require from you|
|Creating a Peplink ID||Your name and email address.|
|Logging on Peplink Community, using our forum, e-store etc.||Your Peplink ID and related account details, including your email address.|
|Placing an order||Your Peplink ID, name, addresses (billing, mailing and/or delivery address), phone number, email address and credit card information.|
|Requesting technical support via Peplink’s Ticketing System||Your name, email address and country information.|
|Submitting a Sales Inquiry||Your name, company, phone number, email address and country information.|
|Submitting your feedback (via our SpeedFusion Connect app)||Your email address.|
In any event, you are not required to provide the personal data that we have requested. If you choose not to do so, however, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our services or receive requests you may have.
Use of Your Personal Data
We collect and use your personal data to:
- provide you and/or improve our services or offers;
- to process your orders, shipments and requests;
- to keep track of and analyze your orders and requests, account activity, and order/payment history;
- to communicate with you (about your transactions or account, to respond to you and provide customer services, to market our products and services, to provide other relevant information, to request information or feedback, and to send important notices);
- for troubleshooting;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, marketing research, data analysis, and product/service developments;
- identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with the laws, relevant industry standards, and our policies.
We may also use your personal data for other purposes with your consent. Whenever practicable, we will inform you how we intend to use your personal data before we collect it from you.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with Peplink-affiliated companies, and third-parties including our business partners, service providers, shipping companies, or postal services to the extent that is necessary for purposes set out above or in other privacy notices.
We may disclose information about you to financial regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies or government authorities when required by the laws or regulations to do so. We may also disclose information about you if, for purposes of national security, law enforcement, prevention of crime, fraud or threat to personal safety, or other issues of public importance, we consider disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions, or to protect our operations or users.
Protecting Your Personal Data
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal data we collect is protected from unauthorized access, disclosure, misuse or loss. However, we cannot be responsible for any personal data you share or post to spaces of our websites that are open to the public or registered users (such as the Peplink Community and forum).
With Peplink, you can make choices about how your information is collected, accessed and shared. These include:
- When we collect information from you, you may tell us that you do not want it used further for direct marketing purposes and we will respect that.
- If, at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from our marketing or promotional emails , you can do so by following instructions available at the bottom of each email.
- If, at any time, you would like to access, correct, delete or withdraw your consent concerning personal data you provided us, you can submit your request to us in writing at [email protected]. Where applicable, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.