Reliable Internet connectivity can provide enhanced enjoyment onboard and increased navigational capabilities (nautical charts, weather reports – or the location of the nearest marina), additional entertainment for the guests and crew (IP Radio/TV, news, social media) as well as secure corporate communications (VoIP, email and messaging). However getting reliable internet connectivity at sea has a number of specific challenges particular to this difficult and ever-changing environment.
What are your Challenges in Maritime Connectivity?
Fluctuating Network Availability
Network availability and speed of links vary based on the vessel’s location. Peplink combines any connection to ensure connectivity is always available.
Bandwidth Need for Shipboard Resources
Incumbent satellite solutions can no longer accommodate the rising bandwidth requirements for streaming IPTV, email, access to company servers and external cloud and CCTV footages.
Connection Cost Control
To avoid data cost from spiraling out of control, Peplink can automatically prioritize data usage to lower cost connections, such as port WiFi over LTE, or local LTE over satellite.
The Big Picture
- Connects to wide range of WAN options, from LTE-A, satellite modems, to fixed line networks
- Modular architecture enables flexibility to build EPX according to your demand
- 30 Gbps router throughput – enough for all guests on large vessels
- Supports 4 interchangeable LTE cellular modules which could be upgraded to 5G or any future mobile technologies
- MBX can receive LTE signal offshore (with good antenna setup) to minimize satellite bandwidth cost
- Supports WiFi as WAN near pier facilities
Cloud-Based Network Management Platform
InControl2 cloud-based endpoint management system enabling remote access to any Peplink device on your network. From a single screen, configurations can be pushed to any and all of your Peplink devices. InControl2 also generates useful reports on all aspects of your network, and can be integrated to your existing systems through API.