| IMPORTANT NOTES – Please Read Carefully Before Upgrading.
- Please upgrade to Firmware 5.3.12 before upgrading to Firmware 5.4.
Release 5.4.9, May 28, 2013
Changes to Peplink Balance Firmware 5.4.9 since 5.4.7
- Overall system stability
- Local DNS proxy stability and performance
- Client bandwidth usage display issue
Release 5.4.7, January 15, 2013
Changes to Peplink Balance Firmware 5.4.7 since 5.4.6
- Push notification support for iOS/Android Router Utility app
- Local DNS proxy stability
- Stability of outbound policy by domain name
Release 5.4.6, September 27, 2012
Changes to Peplink Balance Firmware 5.4.6 since 5.3.12
- System stability
- CPU & memory utilization
- IPsec stability
- Web Admin stability
- HTTP Health Check Timeout value is incorrectly shown as “5″ on Web Admin when WAN Setting form is loaded
- DNS proxy: when a DNS resolver recovers, the proxy will connect to it with one WAN only
Release 5.3.12, February 24, 2012
Changes to Peplink Balance Firmware 5.3.12 since 5.3.9
- DHCP Server: better handling on requests with IP conflict
- Better web admin support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Rare bug in Outbound Policy when using the Priority algorithm
- SMTP Forwarding incorrectly forwarded requests sending from the Internet to WAN interfaces
- IPsec: when LAN subnet was not selected in an IPsec profile, the IPsec connection could not establish
Release 5.3.9, September 1, 2011
Changes to Peplink Balance Firmware 5.3.9 since 5.2.2
- Added support for Sprint’s WiMAX modems 250U and U600
- Added support for Verizon’s LTE modem UML290
- Added IPsec support
- NAT IP Pool in NAT Mapping
- Show discovered clients’ device name in Client List page
- Automatically fill in client name in the Client List
- Improved overall system stability
- Unable to send syslog to LAN
- Real-time bandwidth usage page was not accessible by read-only user
- Email Notification test does not send email to multiple recipients
Release 5.2.2, January 26, 2011
Changes to Peplink Balance Firmware 5.2.2 since 5.1.5
- Added optional Pre-shared Key setting in Site-to-Site VPN to provide additional control over VPN connections’ accessibility and security.
- Authenticate Web Admin login by RADIUS server.
- Name clients in Client List page.
- Import DHCP Reservation from Client List.
- Charts display in Real-Time, Daily and Monthly Bandwidth Usage reports.
- Option to disconnect an idle Mobile Internet link and reconnect it on demand.
- Added Device Lifetime Data Transferred figures.
- Ability to disable fail-back in High Availability mode.
- Compatibility with some Cisco IP phones.
- Various web admin interface improvements.
- Ability to disable DNS proxy server on LAN interface.
- Ability to change SNMP server port number.
- VPN bonding performance is further enhanced
- The “Terminate Session on Link Recovery” option under the Default rule of Outbound Policy did not work.
- PPTP session passing through the Peplink Balance may disconnect upon Site-to-Site VPN disconnection occurs.
- When the Link Failure Detection Time in Site-to-Site VPN is set to Faster, the VPN connection might be unstable.
- When some models of 3G modem is connected, the CPU load could become high.
Release 5.1.5, Jul 2, 2010
Changes to Peplink Balance Firmware 5.1.5 since 5.1.3
- System memory optimization.
- Option to set port speed of LAN interface as “1000Mbps Full Duplex” is missing.