How to Configure WLAN Controller in Peplink Balance Web Admin Interface?
Views: 1214 | Last Updated: 2012-02-14 | Article ID: 288
Peplink Balance WLAN Controller now supports Pepwave AP One. This document demonstrates how to configure WLAN Controller to manage AP One access points.
- Select Network from the top menu. Choose AP Management from the left menu, and then select Enable to activate the feature.
- To manage access points located in a remote network, enable Manage Remote AP.
- In the section Access Point to be Managed, if Any is selected , all detected AP One will be managed. If you want to manage specific AP One, check Access points listed below and enter the corresponding serial number.
- AP One devices in the network will be automatically discovered. The number of APs detected will be shown on the Dashboard and Access Point section of Status.
Creating Wireless Networks (SSID)
- Choose Wireless Networks from the left menu. Click the New Network button displayed on the bottom of the page.
- In the Wireless Network dialog box, enter the Network Name (SSID) used to identify the Wi-Fi network.
- Under Wireless Security Settings, select WPA/WPA2 - Personal for home or small business use. Enter an authentication password of at least 8 characters in the Shared Key field. If you are managing the network of a larger company, you may consider using WPA/WPA 2 - Enterprise, which allows you to use a separate RADIUS server to handle the wireless network’s authentication.
- To further customize network permissions, you can also change Guest Protect, Bandwidth Management, and Firewall Settings.
- To show a splash screen for your Wi-Fi service, which is useful for Wi-Fi service offered to guests in restaurant, hospitality, and other settings, enable Captive Portal. Then click OK.
- Repeat the above steps to add more wireless networks and/or specify additional name and network permissions for various user groups.
Creating AP Profile
- Choose AP Profiles from the left menu. Click the New AP Profile button displayed on the bottom of the page.
- In the AP Profile dialog box, enter a name for the device configuration profile.
- Select up to four wireless networks to include in the AP profile.
- Optimize your device’s radio performance by adjusting the options in Wi-Fi AP Advanced Settings. For example, you can select a different 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi radio channel in order to eliminate potential channel conflicts.
- Change your AP One’s device security settings, such as passwords, under Web Administration Settings. Then click Save.
Applying AP Profiles
- Navigate to the Dashboard page. Under WLAN Information, click Control Panel.
- Select the check box for the AP One device you wish to configure.
- Select AP Profile from the drop-down menu located in the lower right corner.
- In the AP Profile dialog box, select a previously created AP profile. Click OK.
- The selected AP profile will be sent to your AP One devices automatically.
Related Tags configuration WLAN AP One