Understanding Peplink SpeedFusion
Peplink's patent-pending SpeedFusion is specifically designed for multi-WAN environment. Unlike connventional technology, SpeedFusion combines the bandwidth of all WAN connections to deliver high-speed, high-reliability, and high-security networking. It is resillent to Internet connection outage and your data is protected with 256-bit military-grade AES encryption.
System Requirement for Peplink SpeedFusion
- Peplink SpeedFusion encrypts traffic with the military-grade 256-bit AES algorithm.
- SpeedFusion is available with Peplink Balance 210, 310, 380, 580, 710 and 1350; Pepwave MAX 700, HD2 and On-The-Go.
- Peplink Balance 380/580/710/1350, supporting multiple SpeedFusion connections among three or more locations, is designed for Headquarters/Regional Offices.
- Peplink Balance 210/310, supporting two SpeedFusion VPN connections, is the ideal choice for Branch Offices.
- Pepwave MAX 700/HD2/OTG, supporting SpeedFusion on multiple 4G/3G connections for mobile applications.
- SpeedFusion connection can be established for all Dynamic IP/Static IP scenarios. Click here for technical details.
- Peplink recommends the latest firmware for the best SpeedFusion experience.
Network Topology for Peplink SpeedFusion
SpeedFusion provides variety and flexibility in deploying your network. You may choose to create a network in a Mesh or Star topology, or you may even combine the two setups to create a more advanced network.
Mesh (How-to config? » )
In the following illustration, the network is composed of three Peplink Balance 380 units. In case of a connection down between any two locations, this setup provides an alternative path for your traffic. For instance, if there is a VPN connection down between offices in San Francisco and Minneapolis, these two offices are still connected through the Houston office.
Star (How-to config? » )
A Peplink Balance 380/580/710/1350 will act as a central hub for branch offices. In the illustration below, regional offices in San Francisco and Minneapolis make independent SpeedFusion VPN connections to their headquarters in New York. San Francisco office will be able to access Minneapolis office through the New York headquarters even though they are not directly connected to each other.
- All branch offices' LAN subnets have to be unique.
- If Peplink Balance is placed behind firewall unit, please read
Related Tags VPN outbound aggregation config speedfusion